Sunday, May 13, 2007

Oh You Poor Neglected Blog.

It's been a long time since I've posted anything, which in some ways is good. Not posting means I'm busy. And busy I have been. On May 7 was the MTC Gala which ended being a great deal of fun, but LONG and confusing. Neither Tom nor I had ever been through one of these events before and therefore had no idea what was going on. But, the event went well, MTC raised 1.5 million dollars. My friends Abby, Alex, and Beth/Liz volunteered had a good time. I won't soon forget the memory of me, Abby, and Alex running through the back halls of the Hilton with a photo backdrop and riding in the kitchen freight elevator. Or maybe the memory of Tom and I eating the food from the volunteer room off the trays while we were waiting for the elevator and getting sad looks from kitchen staff while we said "It's cool - this food is from our event." The drunk props guys, the cast of Spring Awakening at the afterparty, all the employees dancing to Ace of Base - I wonder what normal jobs are like...

Finding an apartment has been a pain....in fact I don't really want to talk about it. I was having a converation with a pretty new friend and we were noting how political living situations are - which friend you choose to live with, where you live based in relation to your friends, the requirements of blending different living styles - it is tough out there.

But admist all the hard parts of living in New York and challenging parts of my life, I really enjoy many aspects of living in New York. All the MTC employees (well at least 40 of them) are going to Coney Island to see the Brooklyn Cyclones play. I'm excited because I've never been to Coney Island and also because the people I work with are fun.

I went to a concert in Red Hook at Magnetic Field with my friend Adam. We saw a band called "Les Sans Culottes" or Without Pants. They were adorable....I now secretly want sideswept bangs and a French accent. The funny thing is that they totally aren't actually French, but it was good times all around.

Yesterday I went to a BBQ and a surprise party. So the fun never ends....

If I could just find the perfect apartment and living situation.

No comments: