Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Are You a Masochist or an Optimist?

I've been on this kick lately that all artists are optimists...we all keep plugging along hoping that some project will give us that satisfaction we once felt...

I also laugh because I am grouping myself in with artists - many people that have known me for years think it is a natural classification, but I do consider PRACTICING art a real qualification of being one...I've been doing that arts management thing for a while now.

I started this endeavor showing photos of Liz/Beth to Michelle, but really it was just about me reminiscing about other times. I was looking at the pictures from the summer I worked at Jacob's Pillow and I can't believe how wonderfully all those interns bonded. I think I am really going to make an effort to get there this summer and make a stop at Williamstowm as well- the only other summer festival I've considered of late.

Looking at my photos I realize how many picture perfect moments I've had. Thank goodness, it's been a good ride! It's funny to realize how many of these moments happened without that guy I dated for three years.
I raise my glass to the following events:

Drama School Graduation
Jacob's Pillow Gala
Jacob's Pillow Intern Spoof
That one time we went to the lake in Becket and then nobody was wearing clothes
Abby and Andrea drive Across Michigan to escape the Blackout
Torino, the Cultural Trip, Positano, Nice, Greece
Leagues
Morocco
4.48 Psychosis
Getting to live in the crazy house sophomore year
The White Stripes Concert where Meg a White Stripe got me in

One million other little moments.

New York. You, me and 5,000 friends...

There are people who have never had a perfect romantic moment...I've had at least two with different people. And I love both of them dearly...the moments not the people.

Smiles and looking towards the future,

.

No comments: