Monday, April 2, 2007

OKAY it's ON!

OK everybody. It is TIME. It is time to take charge of MY LIFE. Here's the score... I gave myself time to be unhappy and confused and stupid over the last month or so. I did all the stupid things you do when your life goes haywire. I now know what it is like to fall in love and have it crumble and I now know that you can start over again, that friends are really great, and that the phoenix really does rise out of the ashes. So yes it's time to take charge.

I have a great new job. This job can open doors for me, because it already is. Right now, this job and doing as amazingly as I can while I am working is a very high priority.

I am done with the stupidity of the last two weekends. I am picking myself up off the ground, brushing off the dirt, and starting with a clean slate.

What does that REALLY mean?

1. I need to find a home in New York. I want an apartment. I want a space to decorate and call my own and put things in. I want to have a place I come home to because it is MINE. Now realistically this cannot happen for a few months and I may spend some time subletting this summer. But I cannot be a nomad for much longer...I have been a nomad in two different countries for almost a year. I have not lived in one space longer than a year in six years. I am at a point where I need this kind of stability.

2. I need normal sleeping hours. I want to get up early. I want to wake up and not feel like I want three more hours of sleep.

3. I want to pay off my credit debt which is not astronomical, but I want to pay it down.

4. I do NOT want to let myself get really drunk so I don't know what is going on. It is not good for my mind or my body.

5. I want to take dance classes or maybe some sort of theatre classes.

6. I am going to take the time to figure out what kind of person I would like to share my life with. I am going to appreciate my friends because they are the people I am sharing my life with.

7. I am going to start investing in things. I will invest money, effort, and time into the things I want to accomplish.


This is the BEGINNING of the next stage of my life.

I want it to be awesome.

No comments: