Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Dance Cosa Nostra, or Jacob's Pillow Interns 2005

While in London, I needed a new place to stay and I called my friend Nina who lives in Finland but has many friends in various European places. She was snowboarding at the time time, but said that she would get back to me. Six hours later I had a name, an address, and a phone number.

Yes, being tapped into 3 rather powerful gossip/communication networks means that your news travels faster than a plane across the ocean, but it also means that you are never far from help when you need it. I guess a 15 week internship that squishes 30 young people together for 50 hours a week creates some unbreakable bonds - I still can't believe the number of friends I have from that summer.

The value of friendship is immeasurable.

No comments: