Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Sex Lives of Cannibals

This is a title of a book that I reread parts of yesterday. I had read it about 2 years ago while waiting for a delayed Greyhound Bus in Pittsburgh. A tip: This is not a good book to read if you do not want anyone to talk to you... but it's ridiculously funny. The book was on Liz and Michelle's shelf which just adds another reason to the list why I like them.

I actually googled the author because I was curious what he looked like. He doesn't look at all like what I thought he would, which is good because I was afraid I might him attractive that would just be weird. I've given this book to two people as gifts - once to my brother who enjoyed it, and once to my ex-boyfriend who never read it and then gave it to his sister.

The book chronicles two years a couple spent on a remote Pacific Island and I highly recommend it.

I like books about travel...I know that the humorous travel memoir is a bit overdone, but I enjoy books of this nature.

I'm going to move onto the classics soon...there is a lot of Proust in this apartment but most of it is in French...hmmmmm.

Just a note, if you do like books about travel, especially narratives where people find out things and then talk about it in a funny observational way, try the following:

Honeymoon with My Brother
Travels with Alice
River Town
Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure

I'm sure there are others I could recommend but I have stuff to do.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to my phone, working on bank details, have to get my computer from a friend, and need to walk to get rid of some angry.

No comments: