Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sour Cream Smells Like Bad News She Said

I saw a girl in yellow plastic boots passed out in a car racing video game booth. The bouncer carried her out, an ambulance came, there was some vomiting, a glass bottle was thrown, then she disappeared.

I hope she was ok. What did she think tonight when she put on her yellow plastic boots - "Tonight will be fun" - did she think the racing video car game was her own car and she was going home? I never want to be in that kind of situation, but I can't help but think maybe she thought "I'm just going to have a really fun night" and it went belly up.

I watched crazy music videos in French today by an artist named Anais (there should be that little double dot thing over the "I" in her name, but I don't know how to do that). I'm living in a house with a 501 French verb book and two fluent French speakers. I think is time to learn for reals this time.

I got another "you can live with us" offer for a very cheap place in Harlem... people are really nice. And a lead on a place in Astoria...real estate moves fast, my friends move faster.

Due to debris at 77th Street the 4/5/6 all but shut down. It took me way too long to get anywhere last night. I desperately need my phone. A phone...a smoke signal...some way to contact people.

I know two people taking Arabic for fun! I know someone who spent a Saturday morning playing rugby with little kids. I met someone from Carnegie Mellon who recognized me from working at the Art Store at a show. I also walked into a writer's group meeting at the KGB Bar (they are not communists there even though they sell Russian beer and have the Communist Flag- the bartender thought I seemed over concerned so I told him about my Communist Party T-shirt). I talked to someone who works in medicine and writes for fun because he was intrigued by the fact I didn't have a cell phone and was trying to use a broken pay phone.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that New York is kind of wonderful in its mixed up own way.

No comments: