Saturday, February 17, 2007

I buy special edition sneakers.

I bought a pair of ridiculously high priced converse on sale. I stand by my Jack Purcells.

Someday if you really want to know about my sneaker obsession ask me about Pro Keds circa 2001 - 2003. If you like shoes like I do then you will know what I say when I refer to the brightly colored Keds with the different colors on the toe. They were pretty popular in Japan and sometimes you can find a pair on Ebay though never in my size.

Pro Keds has now been sold to Roca Wear so the entire look of the division has changed.

Regular Keds (which I never liked until one or two styles until last year) has changed its image with the whole Mischa Barton invasion.

Anyways, I finally found a pair of pants. Yes, I am obsessed with clothes, just not in the way you think...it's all about details. FYI, if you ever want to buy me a present just head to Anthropologie - I am considering getting a job there specifically for a discount....or maybe just befriending one of the shop girls.

Shopping is very useful at times, but not when you are trying to get into the MAC cosmetics store and 2 out of 3 doors are locked and the salesperson thinks that it is fun to mess with over this fact. My compact was dropped last night and shattered in the chaos at the Neo Futurists show so I bought a new one. All of this shopping was done on about 3 hours of sleep.

Tomorrow I will redeem myself with a post about 365 days of theater, why I love the Public Theater in NYC, and generally a review of the cabaret I saw. And a story about the shortest stupidest cab ride I ever took and why I like Bed Sty. And a little piece about Communists, Writer's Clubs at the KGB bar, and why broken pay phones help you make friends.

I think a pack of wild dogs may have gotten into the trash between 12th and 16th Street around 5th Avenue.

No comments: